Friday, June 15, 2007

TCBY: Tom and Chuck's British Years....From Chuck's journal



The following is an excerpt from my journal...

May 16, 2007

Today Tom and I decided on a flat that we will move into for the next 3 years. Our county home search assistant, Jenny, was excellent beyond measure. No compliments would suffice to describe her performance. Jenny helped in more aspects than I could have expected. Tom and I actually spent time this morning thinking of questions to ask. I believe Jenny answered all of them within the first couple of minutes. She was personable and really tried to acclimatize us to the area in the little time she had available. We actually decided on the first flat we saw at Craneswater Park (which for some reason I have difficulty remembering). Tom and I saw a total of 9 properties today. However, none of the properties after Craneswater Park successfully measured up. It did come down to Craneswater Park and "Brecon House" at Gunwharf Quays. However, the flat at Gunwharf Quays had bedrooms the size of most American bathrooms. This photo is obviously the kitchen, the clothes dryer/washer and the dishwasher are hidden behind the lower drawers. We also have a refrigerator and a freezer under the cabinet to the right (out of view). Anyway, I'm babbling on. Suffice it to say, we're quite happy with the decision we've made!

No comments: