Saturday, June 16, 2007

Leaving Home


This is from May 26, 2007.

Chuck and I left the US on May 26, 2007. Above is a picture of our plane (American Airlines Flight 100 - JFK to London Heathrow). It would be my third trip overseas in about a month and a half -- ohhh the jet lag! It was an emotional goodbye - leaving behind our friends in upstate New York, our house (which we only lived in for 3 yrs) and our families. But it's the chance of a lifetime to live in another country that not many people could say they did. It was difficult seeing the NYC skyline disappear as we took off into the clouds. New York was my home for the past 27 years of my life - but the looking at the next three years ahead of me - living in England just seemed too exciting of an opportunity to pass up.

No comments: